Day 24

Day 24: A Letter to Your Parents

Dear Mom and Dad,
What can I say? You are the best parents and I would not trade you for the world. You mean so much to me. I love you so much. I know that as a child I was not always easy to handle and pushed you to the very brink of insanity. That makes you even more amazing. You have withstood me over the years and all that is Brittney. You shared so much with me and somethings not too great to share. My sarcasm, my drama, my pain, my medical issues, my passions, my loves, my worries, my happiness, my peace, my joy, and my laughter. I could never ask for better parents. If it were not for you both, I would not be able to pursue my dreams and desires. You help me keep my head above the water that at times seem to be drowning me. You are always there for Darcy and I. I can talk with either one of you free from persecution. I share with you my deepest thoughts, worries, and hopes and dreams. Mom, we may not have been super close as I went through the teenage nightmare years. But you were great. You did not let me stray from what is good and right and you helped me through some of the toughest years of my life thus far. You are wonderful to talk to and you are such an amazing woman and mother, I can only hope to be as great as you are someday when I have children. There are false idols in this world that many would idolize. But I idolize you. Your strength, your beauty, your love that makes you, you. I love you so much and I love that you are my mother. Dad, we share a bond of humor and laughter that has kept me hopeful and optimistic for years. I apply your saying of "Don't worry, the poop will fall out," to my daily life and it has helped me through hard times. You show me strength and hope with your attitude and grace. You are a wonderful man and father and I love that you are my dad.
I realize that someday, you will not be here and that time is an ever creeping monster ready to snatch you from me someday. I will be lost without you both. I do not even know what to think that life would be like without you both. I cannot see a world without you both in it. The years have been so wonderful with you both. I love the love, passion, and devotion that you have put into your daughters and we are grateful. I cannot express in enough words how much I love you both and how grateful I am for all that you do and the life you have provided for me. It may taken me a few years, but I now see how wonderful you are. It is true what they say about not appreciating your parents when you are young. But now that I have grown and matured, I can say that I see now all that you have done for me, and I thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you for being yourselves, and thank you for being my parents.

Brittney

0 comments: