Day 19

Day 19: Nicknames you Have and Why you Have Them

There are a few nicknames I have obtained in my 25 years of living. The first one I think I obtained would have to be Indian baby. When I was born, I had slight jaundice, a flat nose, and tons of dark hair. I looked like an Indian baby, literally. You look at my newborn pictures and you would never guess I was caucasian. My grandfather looked at my mom after I came out and said, "Cindy, you have driven through that Indian reservation one too many times." My mom used to live near an Indian reservation and it was a little coincidental. The next nickname that I obtained would be Britt Bratt. My mom gave me this one at a young age. I have always had a smart ass personality even a young age and in an attempt not to swear in front of her young children my mom gave me the nick name of Britt Bratt instead. The next one I had would have to be from Junior High when I was referred to as elf. I was a shortie among giants and so I was given the nick name elf. The most recent nickname that I have obtained was waddles. I know, interesting choice. But there is a great story behind this one. I went with my husband, sister, and brother-in-law a couple of years ago through the Narrows in Zions on the overnight hiking trip. The Narrows is a trail of slot canyons that you walk through and there is a river that you are walking through at the same time. At many places the water gets up to your waist and in a couple spots up to your neck and you have to swim. Well, I do not have the thinnest of legs at all and while walking from in water and out again and many miles, I started to chaff drastically to the point I was bleeding and skin was peeling off in between my legs. To top it off, about 3 miles in I fractored my ankle and so when we finished the hike the next day, needless to stay, I was walking a little funny. We left Zions and stopped in Cedar City for dinner and refreshments. Needless to say, the 45 minute drive from Zions to Cedar City was not good for me at all. When we stopped at the gas station for me to use the restroom, the lactic acid had built so greatly in my legs that every step was agony. I waddled my way painfully from the car into the gas station restroom when I returned, Bryan, Darcy, and Danny were all laughing so hard at my walk that they decided to give the nickname, waddles.

0 comments: