What a GREAT Weekend!

Bryan and I had a great weekend. We got to go up to Blackfoot, ID for the Easter Idaho State Fair. It was so much fun. Friday afternoon Bryan drove up and picked me up from school before we headed to Idaho. We went to my grandma's where we had some excellent salmon, potatoes and green peas, Grandma's infamous rolls, and fried okra. It was so yummy! I also got to go for a short horse ride as well down a small lane on old Black Jack with my aunt Pat. It was fun. We called it an early night for the next's days festivities. We got up early and headed to the fair. We watched the barrel racing, the pole racing, and the costume contest for the horses. It was so much fun to see the creativity that each owner put into their horse. There was a horse that was dressed as the big bad wolf and two cute little girls on the horse dressed as little piggies and their mom leading the horse, was dressed as a piggy as well. They all were carrying a different thing such as the bundle of sticks, some hay, and some bricks. One team had a donkey, dressed their kid as puss in boots, and then mom and dad dressed as Princess Fiona and Shrek. It was awesome. The winner of the contest my aunt Pat actually knew and they did a great job. They dressed their little boy in camo and so did the dad. The horse they took camo tent covering and covered the horse and put cat tails and weeds in it to camoflauge the horse. It was so cool.
      After all the events with the horses we went and actually got to see the horse races. I even bet on a few of the ponies. I did not win anything but it was fun and I learned some new things. It was so intense to see the horses racing down the raceway. It was fun and new. We also got to see the indian relay races. It is were they race their horses a full 5 furlongs but they do it bareback. It was insane. The girl that won was full dead running her horse. I could not believe she even stayed on. It was different but very exciting to watch.
      After that we went and took it easy at Grandma's house before going to the demolition derby that night. We ended up meeting up with Rich, my cousin, and watched the derby with him. I have to admit it was not as good as it has been in past years. There was not a lot of hard hits and it was so long inbetween each heat that it kind of got boring. We then went to Grandma's again for some home made oooo so yummy ice cream. It was so good. Some of the best ice cream I have ever had. We then went back to Aunt Pat's house for the night. We got a little late and then talked with Aunt Pat until it was time to head out. We stopped and said goodbye to Grandma and stopped in Pocatello to have lunch with Nick, Andrea, and Rich before Bryan dropped me back off in Logan and heading back home.
        It was a great weekend but really seemed too short. I love spending time with Bryan and there does not seem to be enough hours in the day when we are together but too many when we are apart. I am again counting down the days until I see him again this weekend.

1 comments:

    Sounds like you had a good time with Bryan and your Grandma. I am glad things are better between you and your Grandma. We sure do miss you though. :)