4 Years Ago Today

4 years ago today, I remember it well. It was a day that changed my life for the better. I awoke early (3:30 am early) to take a short drive to Magna, a basement of a home where one Hollie Ellis spent close to two hours curling, pinning, and using massive amounts of hairspray on my hair. After finishing with the glamoring of my hair, I headed back home to complete a huge list that I had made the night before. I finished packing, made some necklaces for some special ladies, had breakfast, made sure I had money, passports, tickets, itinerary, spent about 45 minutes having my eyebrows plucked by my loving cousin Laura, got my dress, shoes, jewelry, and so much more together in one spot. Soon my girls having their hair finished and arriving we started to load everyone in the cars. It was already 1:15 pm at this time and the morning went by so quickly. At this point I had one had two basted eggs and a few sips of orange juice. We loaded into Megan's car and made our way towards the capital. We arrived just in time to run around the back of the church and hide while they tried to open the church. That is right. We could not get the church open and we had to wait about 20 minutes before we could get it opened. We then made the frantic dance of chaos to get every girl into her dress, makeup on, and shoes buckled. They then all focused on getting me into my dress which did not take long. Makeup applied, veil in place, and flowers in hand I was ready. We walked around to the front of the church and lined up. The procession started and all the ladies and gentleman started their walk down the aisle. My dad met me at the door of the church, I took his arm and we headed down the aisle, giggling at our terrible rhythm and walking in unison skills. There he stood at the front of the church and he was the only thing I remember seeing. I did not even notice the decorations, or even the other people there (sorry no offense). All I saw was Bryan and he was there. He wanted to be with me as much as I wanted to be with him. I choked back the tears and took some deep breaths as we took each others hands and said our I dos. It was wonderful. Since then life may not always be perfect but it is so worth living now that Bryan is by my side and always in my heart. I do not remember a whole lot after that I just mainly remember everything leading up to the moment that we both committed to one another and the past four years have seemed a blur. I love Bryan and all that he is. He has his imperfections just as I do but I love him for his personality, smile, and imperfections. He makes me feel that life is complete and my soul is no longer searching for something missing. Nothing is missing.
        The only thing that is missing today, is Bryan. He is in Salt Lake while I am in Logan today. It sucks to be away from him on our anniversary. I miss him like mad while I am here and there is not enough time when we are together. So happy four years to my hubby, snuggle bug, and pumpkin bear. Here is to the next four years and hopefully they are as memorable as the time we have already spent together. I love you so much for everything that you are, what you stand for, and how well you treat me. I know we can weather any storm. If I know what love is, it is because of you.


The day our lives were completed.


1 comments:

    I meant to text you and tell you congrats. I am so glad that you guys got married you are so well together. Love ya :)