Great weekend, slow week, and more to come

        Well the three day weekend went by way too fast for sure. It was so nice to get to go home after the first week at school. Classes are finally starting to get a little more interesting and I really am liking the animal dairy and veterinary science classes the best (abb. ADVS). They are just different from what I am used to and it so much fun to get to actually discuss cattle, horses, swine, sheep and all the different aspects that are involved in them and how it affects the economy and the country as a whole. It is crazy but the United States has the least amount of active members in agriculture in the world. That just seems insane to me. For the weekend I got to go to dinner Friday night with my parents and Bryan's aunts, Roxie and Suzie, and Uncle Lee. My parents are going on an Alaskan cruise and they had to meet with everyone going to get itineraries and information for the big trip. My parents actually leave next week and are gone for two weeks. I think they will enjoy the trip though and it should be fun for them. They do not get to go do things as a couple very often so I am excited for them. Plus they always bring back excellent souvenirs. Then on Saturday we got up and went to the Annual Sheepdog Competition at Soldier Hollow. It was such a good time. We got to see these amazing and well trained dogs run sheep down the mountain side and through gates and back up and back down then seperate the sheep before putting them in a pen. They had to do this without the owners help and the owner could only make calls from a post at the bottom of the hill. We also got to see the jumping/diving dogs and their amazing skills at jumping into the pool. It is crazy how far they could get with each leap. I cannot even come close to jumping that far. We also got to see some demonstrations which were really fun. We saw sled dogs (Alaskan Malamutes) and how they are hooked up to sleds and the commands they get to hear. We also saw a demonstration from the Sandy Police K-9 Unit. It was so cool and it is amazing how great these dogs are and commands they are given. I thought it was so cool how the main purpose and objective of the dog is to protect the officer. They would have the dog pursue a bad guy and then pretend to attack the officer and the dog was twice as fast running back to the officer than pursuing the bad guy. It was a lot of fun. Sunday was the usual, sleep in, go to mom and dad's for dinner and True Blood followed by games. A great Sunday for sure. Then Monday due to the holiday, my mom and I got to go out to Vista Farms again and ride for another hour. We both got to canter this time which was great. We also got to ride on two new horses. I got Scottie and mom got to ride Beau. It was a blast. I miss riding horses so much and I am so glad and priviledged to get to ride again.
         Well the week is already moving at the rate of a snail but at least I am half way to getting to see Bryan again. Bryan is meeting me up here on Friday and we are then driving the rest of the way to Blackfoot, ID for the State Fair and some fun time. Bryan and I enjoyed it so much the last time we went we decided we needed to go again. There will be a demolition derby, fair food, animals and a barn dance to follow. My aunt Pat wants to take me riding as well so that will be interesting. I am excited for the fun filled weekend ahead and hopefully remember to take a camera this time and get some photos of our adventures.

0 comments: