Next yummy meal and a busy weekend.

So I am not very good at remembering to take a lot of photos while cooking. But I am starting to get a lot better at is slowly. So below is a recipe for Chicken Soulvaki Sandwiches. They are so yummy and we really enjoyed them. Another recipe I found online. I do down the meat amount for just the two of us but the recipe I will give is for four servings.

Chicken Soulvaki Sandwiches


Ingredients:
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp honey
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1/2 cup cucumber, shredded
1 Tbsp dill
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 large whole wheat pitas, halved


So start out by preheating the over to 400 degrees. In a shallow baking pan, whisk together lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, oil and oregano.


Add chicken and turn to coat.

Bake chicken until it is cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes, spooning sauce over chicken once or twice during cooking. (I did cook the chicken for 30 minutes, spooning the sauce over every 5 minutes and it sure turned out flavorfull, yummy).


Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, and garlic powder.


Above is the pita cut in half or at least I thought I got pitas. Make sure when purchasing the pitas that you get pitas and not flatbread. I made the mistake of purchasing pitas, and those do not open up for you to put in the meat and goody yummy sauce.


When the chicken is done cooking, put it out of the oven and let it cool for about 2-3 minutes. When it is cool enough to handle, slice each piece crosswise into thin slices and place inside the pita pocket halves. Spoon 2 tablespoons of yogurt sauce into each pita half.



Since the pitas were actually flatbread I could not actually put the mixture in the pita but even still it was delicious even served on top of the flat bread. All in all it is a good recipe and very yummy. Healthy for you too.

As far as on the Austin front not a whole lot has happened this week. We are just working a lot and I have been going to school. We enjoyed our weekend together and we just really had mostly lazy Sunday. Saturday morning Bryan and I went over to my passed aunt's house to help move out the rest of her belongings from her apartment. It was little hard to be there and not have her there since it is the first time that I went there since she passed away. Little to say that I was a little emotional the night before going but we made it through. We had to drive all her belongs to her son's house down in pleasant grove. It was interesting and such a pain to move everything because it kept shifting in the back of the truck and we had to stop 2-3 times to retighten things down but we made it without losing anything it just took a while to do it. We did not even get home until after one. I had worked out in the yard the rest of the day while Bryan was over at his parent's friend's house doing some electrical work. After that it was easy sailing. We went to dinner on Saturday night, a nice long walk on Sunday with the Daisy girl (which she loved walking with us) and went to my parent's house Sunday evening for dinner. All in all a good weekend just filled with some exhausting work.

0 comments: