Ummm, yeah I forgot.

So I kind of forgot I even had a blog for like a year. Whoops! A lot of has happened since last year. Applied to vet school this year and sadly was unsuccessful on my first attempt. Naturally I will continue to try and try to improve my GRE score and thinking about taking the MCATs as well to see if med school needs to be my fall back onto option. Over the summer we had a lot of fun. We went to Lake Powell for the first time and it was great. We also went to Twin Lakes in Idaho, the Uintah mountains, I got to take a guided fly fishing trip, I found employment with ALS laboratory, had a great holiday season, and added a new member to the family. No not a baby like we really want. Bryan and I both really want to start having kids but we are waiting to see if I get into vet school since we want to give our kids everything they need and then some. So since we can't have kids right now, we get pets. We added Dixie to our family in November. She was actually a foster fail. We have started fostering rescue dogs in our home again and we love it so much. We had two puppies, Sadie and Sophie, then Dixie. Since we have adopted Dixie we have had Gizmo and Princess as well and a couple that were going to come to our home but got adopted before we could even foster them. She is such a sweet little dog. We think she is a collie/black lab mix. She absolutely loves her ball and playing fetch. We are so glad to add her to our family.


Part of the reason we got Dixie is because sadly Chewy, our little guy, passed away last year. He passed away while he was sleeping one night. We think it was due to the small heart murmer he had. We miss him everyday and I will admit have had a hard time with his passing. He was such a sweetheart.




Aspen has shot up like a little tree. She has grown up so much in just one year. She is talking and walking/running. She is so adorable. We are very proud aunt and uncle for sure. I love showing her off to our friends. Here are some photos of her from the past year.








Such a cutie for sure. Below are some random photos from the year as well.


Henry , our cat loving life.




Rich, my cousin at the demolition derby at the eastern Idaho state fair.


Strut your mutt 2013.


Brown trout from my fly fishing trip.



Bad news about my wrist. I broke it when I was younger and unfortunately will have to have surgery again. Just putting it off as long as I can before I have surgery. 


Bryan's cousin, Desi, got remarried in February to Blaine Hill. We are so excited to see two wonderful people in love come together.

All in all we had a great year. Hopefully I will remember to keep this thing up to date a little more.

0 comments: