Quick update

Well not too much has been going on lately in the Austin family. Bryan is doing great in the police academy only seconds off of passing his run at a mile and a half. He has passed on his push ups, sit ups, 300 meter run, he passed defensive take downs, and all of his written exams with flying colors. I am so proud of him. For not being a strong student in the past he has been an A student all through the academy and done so good. He is healthier, happier, and looking F I N E, FINE!! I can tell also that he is proud of his accomplishments so far. He is excited for his break in between the next block of classes. He will finish in August and be able to find work no problem with how well he is doing.

I have done well so far by the skin of my teeth. 19 credit hours is no easy task and with science classes involved too. I have finished half of the semester so far with only one class in concern. 6 classes with 5 labs is really wearing me thin for sure. But somehow I just hope to pass my classes and graduate in May.

I rode in Regionals for the equestrian team and found it to be a little disappointing especially after the judge admitted to me that I did not place well due to my current weight. She had nothing but critiques for the other riders and only had one for me. When I asked her why I only placed 4th she told me there is an industry standard that I do not meet and left it at that. I was happy to get the chance to ride for sure and it has helped me get back into what I love. I love being around horses and have deeply missed riding and being around the animals. I have found a trainer for the summer to keep riding and improving and hopefully start jumping soon.

Well I have at least started a new approach to my weight loss and have already lost 11.8 pounds. My mom made an arrangement with me that if I lose 50 by September that we could do something together and so far so good. I will just have to keep working at it and eating right to change my life back to what I want again, healthy and happy.

0 comments: