A Poetic Moment

I feel like a child waiting for Christmas morning right now. Only I am no child and my Christmas morning that I am waiting for is getting to go home tomorrow from Logan for a few weeks. Tomorrow is going to last forever and it will seem like an eternity until I get to hold Bryan in my arms again. I cannot sleep at all being this is the last night in this dorm room for a little while. I know that the time home will just fly by. I love being home and spending my time with Bryan. He is so good to me and I love him so much. You know you are lonely when you feel like you are the moon. The moon in the middle of no where so far from anything but so close to everything you love but cannot be with what you love. As I lay here in my dorm room with only my Beatles poster to keep me company, I cannot help but think what it like to have the warmth of love in the bed next to me. Having Bryan even just sleeping next to me is something that I took for granted while I lived at home. Ever since living in Logan it has been harder and harder each week to leave and come back up here. Do not get me wrong. I have made some excellent friends and I love my classes and the school is a great school. I just miss what I used to have at my finger tips everyday. Getting to come home everyday after work and school to a house full of barks and wagging tails so excited just to see me. It was an honor to spend two minutes in the yard playing with the dogs and they loved every minute of it. Getting to cook a home cooked meal for two and taking Bryan his dinner every night. Getting to spend 10 minutes talking in the parking lot of Bryan's work, teasing and loving each others company. Getting to sit in the comfort of my front room with such a warm cozy feeling filling my soul with comfort. Taking the most relaxing baths and showers in our tiny shower and tub. Curling up next to the one I love so much and being able to throw my arm over him anytime I wanted. Getting to see my family and friends in just a short 15 minutes anytime wanted. I never knew what lonely was until I moved away from home and everything I love so much. People tell me all the time that it must be hard to be away from home and my husband. They have no idea how hard it is. If it were not for my loving supporting husband and family, I would not be where I am today. I owe them everything and I cannot wait to get to spend more time with them. And now to close and hopefully get some sleep. "To be with you tomorrow gives me the strength to go on with today."

0 comments: