Fun Times

So it has been a little while since I last updated. We have got to go do a lot of fun things lately. A couple of weekends ago we walked from our house down to 5600 West while the West Valley West Fest was going on. It was a wonderful date night for Bryan and I which we rarely get to be just him and I that often because we are always so busy with other things. The walk was a perfect temperature and once we got to 5600 West right around 6:30 pm. We walked over to Lanta's Frozone and enjoyed some yummy custard that was oh so good for the recent warm temps. If you have not tried this place, you definitely should. It is like creamy ice cream and makes my tummy happy.


After the custard break, we then walked over to the West Valley Family Fitness Center where the festivities were going on. We walked through all the crowds and glanced at the different booths and fun items that people were selling. We then walked over to the entertainment tent and there was none other than John Schmidt with his friend the cellist playing away. I was so excited to get to see him in concert. I am such a big fan of John Schmidt and his songs he plays. He is such a great performer. He even put on a bright red wig at one point while playing and started dancing around. Anyone who watches him perform it is so contagious not to smile and just fall in love with how passionate he is about his playing. I actually got to meet him as well and he signed one of the CD's he had for sale that I bought while there. It was wonderful.




After the concert, the fireworks went off and it was a great show. They handed out these glasses that accentuated the fireworks and made them look kind of trippy in a way. It was a lot of fun. They played patriotic music while the fireworks went off and it was nice to have the extra added effect. We then walked back over to Panda Express and ate dinner before making the walk home. Bryan and I love walking together we get to talk about anything and everything and we really enjoy each others company. I love my husband so much and he is such a wonderful man to have as a walking companion in this life.

Last weekend I woke up early and while Bryan headed over to his parent's house to help with putting in a new water heater, my mom and I got to go to the Farmer's market in downtown Salt Lake. I love hanging out with my mom. She is so much fun to be around and she just brings good energy all the time. We took Boston and Daisy girl with us to the market and they did great and were big hits. There were other westies at the market just like Boston and of course we had to stop and say hi. Daisy got a new collar thanks to my mom who bought it for me for helping with my dad after his knee surgery. She got the pink and white one that has hearts on it from this place called Woof Ware. The owner of the company makes custom and regular collars and leashes that are so cute. Now Daisy girl looks like a lady and so cute with her new collar to show off.




After the Farmer's Market we got to go to Seven Peaks water park in Salt Lake formerly known as Raging Waters with our friends Brad and Brieanna. It was awesome times and at a reasonable price thanks to Groupon. Groupon had a deal that was $19 per person for access to the park, a parking voucher, tube rental, and a combo meal. Groupon is awesome and I can thank Brie for pointing it out to me. It was perfect timing too because the Friday before the Saturday that we went is when the deal went up. Cha Ching!



We went to the water park like I said with our friends Brad and Brieanna. Brad and Bryan have been like best friends since birth. Not really but they did grow up right next to each other and have been good friends ever since. Brieanna and I have become great friends through the association of our husbands and we all have a really good time together when we do get to hang out. We went on all the water slides (except the drop straight down ones, those scare me a little too much), swam in wave pool, and chilled out in the lazy river. It was the first time in a long time that I have been to a water park. Mostly because I avoid exposing my legs and body to the limit of all the time as if death were to approach if I wore a bathing suit in public. It was so much fun though and I really enjoyed. Bryan had not been before to a water park. I remember going all the time. It seems strange to me that he had never been before and I could tell he really enjoyed the water and slides. He used to hate water and now he is a regular fishy like me. We had to spend the time convincing him that it was time to go. He did not want to leave at all but we finally convinced him to go. We then headed back to our friend's house, had pizza, and finished the night off by watching the neighbors letting off their new higher that before fireworks that everyone had gone and bought.





My dad had a knee replacement two weeks ago because his knee had gotten so bad he could barely walk. He will eventually need both knees replaced but he only had one done this time. He is doing really well and he is healing nicely. He has had his grumpy moments since the surgery but we all love him and just want him to get better. He should be out for another 2-4 weeks before back to his normal self again.

Work and school are the same at this point we are just trying to prep for the hard years ahead with me having to go away for school and the time apart will not be easy for us. I try to think what it will be like to wake up in the morning and not have Bryan right next to me. It makes me cry thinking about it and I do not know how I am going to be able to do it. Bryan is so supportive of me and my goals to become a vet and he has decided himself to go to school for Criminal Justice and become a police officer. I think he would be a wonderful police officer to tell the truth. He is so personable and easy to approach and he really is a people person. He has charm as I like to tell him. Also he is all into guns, military, and police work. Those are the majority of the shows he watches and he loves the tactical aspect of it all.

0 comments: