A much needed lazy weekend.

Well the past couple weeks have been super busy for the us. Well mostly me, Brittney. I worked for thirteen days straight at work. We were switching over to a new computer system and it was a lot of training and transferring of our patients into the new system. Totaling at almost 40 extra hours of overtime I was very glad for a couple days off. Also had a big test, a big assignment to do and needless to say, I was burnt out by Friday evening.

The friday starting out okay. Bryan made me dinner, spaghetti, which he ended up dumping in my lap and burning me. Then we ended up just falling asleep with Bryan laying on me on the couch (he thinks I make an excellent pillow) and ended the evening early at that point since Bryan had to go to work at 11:00 pm until 7:00 am. He currently only has to work the graveyard on Friday which was pretty nice for me because then I got the whole bed to myself. I will admit I was grump when I got home so actually having a good nights rest and a bed all to myself helped my mood and soul from going postal on Bryan. Saturday was fun for me though. While Bryan slept from his late night shift, I had this groomer lady come to the house and groom Chewy and give Daisy a good bath while I started to sand and refinish one of our end tables. It was actually relaxing and enjoyable for me to sand and work on the end table. I love doing wood work and having fun craft projects. Chewy now is back to his devilishly good looking self and Daisy is a pretty girl with her claws trimmed so she does not tear my legs to shreds when she get a little too excited to see me. I did finish sanding the whole side table but due to the bad rainy/windy weather we had I was unable to finish staining it. It will have to wait for a good Saturday morning to finish. Bryan told me I could do furniture refinishing more often if I want to and I would love to refinish more furniture and he had the excellent idea to just get furniture off of KSL for free or real cheap and refinish that. Yeah, I love starting new hobbies.

Saturday night was actually a blast for Bryan and I. We ended up walking down to The Pizza Stop in downtown Magna and having some of the best pizza we have ever had. It was awesome and we had the pizza called "The Magna." It has Colissimo's sausage, pepperoni, olives, cheese (obviously), and bacon. OMG! It was so good with such fresh ingredients. Bryan and I will definitely be going back. Then we walked back home, ran and got some pretzels, and then went home to watch The Next Karate Kid (one of Bryan and mine favorites) and had a lazy evening. It was wonderful.

Sunday was wonderful too. Bryan and I to get out of the house, but due to the rain we could not go for our usual walks, we drove around to different stores just to see what is new. We went to the Guitar Center, a couple Petsmarts to see the dogs and cats up for adoption (just for fun), KMart for their closing sale (we ended up some new collars for the dogs for only $4 and a zipline for them to run between when we are camping instead of using the chain which Blue hates), then we used a gift card I got from a co worker for Christmas to have dinner at the Olive Garden. We only spent $25 for the day. We then ended the evening by watching the new Simpson's, Family Guy, and Alaska State Troopers. It was just a nice relaxing weekend which was much needed.

Hopefully this week will not be as stressful for me but Bryan is doing great. He is still just working and loving his job.

I also got my acceptance letter to Utah State University's Bioveterinary Program. I am excited to started in classes but wondering what I am going to do about work. I will have to start looking for a new job which I really do not want to do. I love where I work and love the people I work with. If only it was something I could do the rest of my life.

1 comments:

    Sweet you went to see your school sorry that SLCC lied to you!!

    Look like you guys had a blast on your getaway!! Whats the name of it?