They call me Slacker

Wow! It has been a while since I updated the blog with the latest. Sad thing is, not much has changed. We still have Olive the rescue dog and she is doing great! She weighed about 19 pounds when she was brought in (that was her weight pregnant) and now she weighs 53.4 pounds as of Sunday. Bryan and I this last Sunday made a walk from our house to Petsmart. I drove the distance the next morning to see how far it was and the total distance was 7.6 miles. That is our longest in a while. I love walking. It is so much fun to walk different places and see how far it really is to the store. Olive had obviously went with us and she loved it. It wore her out which was good because the only bad thing about Olive feeling good is she has so much energy it is hard to make sure we wear her out each day. She has lab in her and she has so much energy to burn each day. She gets so hyper when I come home that she has given me bruises on my leg from where her tail wags so fast that she whips me with it. We adore her though and hopefully soon she will get fixed and we can find her a permanent home.
Bryan is working as a security guard for IHC still and is enjoying it still which is great. We are doing much better financially too which has made it so I am not so stressed all the time and can enjoy making Christmas presents, cleaning (I know I am weird, I enjoy cleaning the house and doing organization projects), and talk my doggies for more walks and just be able to relax. It has gotten a little cold at nights for our walks so we are not walking as much but I still enjoy the ones we do get to do.
School is going good for me. I feel like I am dominating the classes this semester. I am taking Chemistry and Biology I and next semester I will take Chemistry and Biology II before transferring to Utah State University and start their BioVeterinary Science Program. Then once that is done I will be able to apply to vet school. I really am excited and it feels like I am headed towards the right thing for once in my life. It will be a long road yet, but it is so worth it to do what I really want to do and what I love.
Bryan just turned 26 this last week. We had a birthday party for him on Saturday and it went great. We had clam chowder, ham and bean soup, and birthday cake. My mom is so awesome she got up early and made the bean soup, bought it all, and cooked it all with my help. Everyone but one couple came that we invited and it was great company. But Bryan ended the night with a bonk on the head and a thorn in his head to gush some blood. Bryan was playing hide and go seek in the front yard with the kids after it had gotten dark. He decided to hide behind the rose bush my parents have in their front yard. When he realized it was not a good place to hide, he jumped up to hide somewhere else, forgetting he had hidden under a huge branch, and hit his head smack dab in the middle. I was notified by the kids telling me he was gushing blood everywhere. I went outside thinking they had over reacted to his injury to find Bryan with blood running down his forehead, all over his hands, and his hair just drenched. We got him cleaned up just in time to say goodbye to everyone and call it a night. All in all it was a good birthday for him I think. I ever woke up early before going to class and made him bacon, biscuits, and banana chocolate chip pancakes. I even made him cupcakes to take with him to work on his birthday which was Wednesday.
We have not done a whole lot of movie watching lately. Well together anyways. Bryan works until 11:00pm and I leave at 7:00 am most days. We have seen a few though recently. Megamind was hilarious and we loved it. It was great! Good humor for both adults and kids and the plot was excellent. A recommended one for sure. Bryan did not get to see it because he had to work sadly same with the other one I saw recently. I went and saw Conviction which has Hilary Swank in it. She did an excellent job in it and it is another I would recommend to see. It was also very informative. I had no idea how many cases of men that were accused of murders they did not commit and had spent time in prison for that had there cases reopened to be found to be innocent. It was really interesting.
Well once I have time to reload my photo program onto our computer (that has a new hard drive now and has nothing on it that was before), I will update with some new photos.

0 comments: